Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Bower's Blueprint #5 - Working harder

This is the fifth and final of a series of five posts on Bower's Blueprint for Coleridge - a set of pledges to which I would work if elected as county councillor on 4th June.

Working harder
Fighting tirelessly for Coleridge, as we have done over the last year, and keeping in touch on the doorstep, through newsletters and our blog.

If elected as Cambridgeshire County Councillor for Coleridge on Thursday I will focus my political efforts on getting a good deal for the people of the Coleridge Electoral Division. (I am not planning on diverting my efforts to getting elected as an MP in South Cambridgeshire as one of my opponents will be doing!)

Councillors are supposed to work for all residents, not just those who vote for them, and that is how I would operate.

Over the last two years I have been working with Cllr Chris Howell on issues affecting Coleridge. Chris was elected as a city councillor last year. As the only Conservative councillor out of four in the ward and the only Conservative on the city council I believe that Chris has punched above his weight.

We will continue to keep in touch with residents via our regular In Touch newsletters, our blog, on the doorstep and through street surgeries.

Our activities over the last year are sampled on our blog - judge us on our record!

No comments: