Friday, April 18, 2008

New Cycle Route?

Cambridge Cycle Campaign has written to all City Council election candidates to ask their views on a number of cycling issues. My replies will be on their website shortly, but one of the questions was if I supported opening an official cycling route between Ashbury Close and Golding Road. This particular bit of 'cyclists dismount' journey has been annoying me for a while, but I was interested to know what residents in the area think.
As it happens, I was with the team in Golding Road this evening, and took the opportunity to ask what people thought. I was slightly surprised about the level of support - most people were very positive about such a change, and with those more ambivalent it was usually because there was no point as everyone ignored the no cycling signs anyway (except me of course as I am on best cycling behaviour!) With nobody even slightly against that I spoke to, I think they the Councils should be looking to put in a proper cycle route as soon as possible!

No comments: